Are you Pre-Planning for Eyelid Surgery?
Hundreds of thousands of men and women are taking advantage of modern surgical techniques aimed at rejuvenating the eyes. In recent years, blepharoplasty has made its way onto the list of most commonly performed cosmetic procedures. The fact that eyelid rejuvenation surgery is so popular even in light of the power of injectables like Botox is a testament to its power to achieve beautiful and lasting improvement.
Patients who are in the planning stage of blepharoplasty have quite a bit to think about. In the excitement of the prospect of a rejuvenated face, it is easy to overlook some of the simple things that facilitate a comfortable recovery. We want to point a few out.
Blepharoplasty is a minimally invasive procedure performed in an outpatient surgical suite. Patients who return home hours after surgery are likely to feel somewhat groggy. One of the primary tips that are offered to surgical patients is to make sure the kitchen is well-stocked before surgery day. Having healthy foods within arms-reach aids the body in healing, and allows the patient to focus on what is most needed: rest.
A Few Niceties
Healthy, delicious food is comforting during recovery after surgery. Additional ways to improve comfort and healing after blepharoplasty include:
- Adding a few extra, soft pillows to the bed. Propping the head up for sleep and rest means less chance of swelling and bruising.
- Using a neck pillow. You know those circular neck pillows you see people wear when they fly? This sleep-aid can prevent a sore neck when used in conjunction with extra pillows for head elevation after surgery.
- Eye drops. Eye drops reduce the feeling of eye fatigue and irritation after eyelid surgery. Your doctor may have instructions for eye drops in your post-op care guide.
- Frozen peas. A bag of frozen peas is more moveable than a standard ice pack, even the gel-type. Plus, this product costs significantly less.
- Audiobooks. During recovery from blepharoplasty, boredom could set in easily for some patients. Spending hours watching movies or reading may not be possible, so the purchase of an audiobook or two is a recommended tip for entertainment.
Even cosmetic surgeons are beginning to notice that blepharoplasty is an advantageous procedure for full facial restoration. This procedure revitalizes the face without the risks associated with a full facelift. To learn more about eyelid rejuvenation, call Pasadena Eye Associates at (713) 473-5715.